On 9 May, the Speaker Andreas Norlén participated in a Europe Day event at Stockholm Central Station, which was arranged in the run-up to the coming elections to the European Parliament.
- Time: Thursday 9 May, 8.30 a.m. – approx. 5 p.m.. The Speaker Andreas Norlén arrived at around 10.30 and remained at the Riksdag stand until approx. 11.30.
- Venue: Stockholm Central Station
The elections to the European Parliament will take place on Sunday 26 May 2019 in Sweden. Anyone wishing to find out more in the run-up to the EU elections had the opportunity to visit Stockholm Central Station on Europe Day, 9 May. On Europe Day, the EU institutions and other organisations arranged various activities in the 28 EU member states.
At Stockholm Central Station, it was possible to meet candidates for the coming EU elections, representatives from authorities, embassies of various EU member states and stakeholder organisations, and listen to short lectures on EU issues. The speakers included the Speaker of the Riksdag Andreas Norlén, the Minister for EU Affairs Hans Dahlgren and European Commissioner Cecilia Malmström.
A selection of items from the programme:
- 8.30 a.m. Hans Dahlgren, Minister for EU Affairs
- 10.30 a.m. Andreas Norlén, Speaker of the Riksdag (at the Riksdag stand until 11.30 a.m.)
- 11.30 a.m. Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKL) – the EU in Local Politics.
- 2 p.m. Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner responsible for trade issues
Presentations were also given by candidates for the EU elections and representatives of employee and business organisations during the day.
Europe Day at Stockholm Central Station was arranged by a number of organisations including the Government Offices, the Information Office of the European Parliament in Sweden, the Representation of the European Commission in Sweden, the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions and various employee and business organisations.
The whole programme for Europe Day at Stockholm Central Station (pdf)
About the EU elections on the Swedish Parliament's EU Information Services site
Contact person for the media
Karin Flygare, Press Secretary to the Speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +46 8 786 59 14.